We encourage you to take an active role in your health, to understand your responsibilities as our patient and how you can help your caregivers meet your needs.
As a patient you have a responsibility to:
- Follow hospital rules and regulations. All hospital rules and regulations apply to you and your visitors, as well as our hospital employees.
- Protect your health and safety by not smoking. Smoking by patients, visitors and employees is NOT allowed within the hospital.
- Observe visiting hours. For the comfort and convenience of all patients, visitors must observe the visiting hours set for each unit. If these times present extreme difficulty for you or your family, please speak with your nursing care manager who will make every effort to accommodate you and your visitors.
- Update your records. It is important that you notify us if you change your name, address or telephone number. Please provide current, accurate information when you register.
- Provide information. To the best of your ability, you must provide accurate and complete details about your past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and present condition.
- Follow your treatment plan. You are responsible for following the treatment plan developed with the doctor or health care professional. You should express any concerns about your ability to follow the treatment plan. Every effort will be made to adapt the treatment plan to your special needs. When adaptation to the treatment plan is not clinically indicated, you are responsible for understanding the consequences of treatment alternatives and of not following the proposed treatment plan.
- Be responsible if you refuse treatment. You are responsible for the outcome if you refuse treatment or do not follow the doctor’s or health care professional’s instruction.
- Be considerate of others. You are expected to be courteous to other patients, visitors and hospital staff. If you are sharing a room or bathroom with others, please take special care to keep the area neat and clean. Please keep noise and other distractions at a reasonable level. Neither you nor your visitors should damage or remove hospital property or the property of other persons.
- Arrange for full and prompt payment of all bills for service. It is the responsibility of each patient to adhere to the rules and regulations of the managed care company or other third party payers expected to cover any portion of the costs for health care provided.