Maternity at Hoboken University Medical Center
Welcome to your family-centered maternity care experience. When it comes to the journey of motherhood we understand the importance of a support system, that’s why we utilize an approach that respects all members of your family ( partners, friends, children and more! ). The mind-body-spirit of your circle contributes to the well-being of you and your baby and the care you receive will curated to fit your specific needs.
- Obstetrics Emergency Department ( OBED )
- Labor and Delivery Units ( L & D )
- Specialized Mother/Baby Department
- Special Care Nursery
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Transitional Nursery
- Pampered Pregnancy
OB Emergency Department
During pregnancy every medical concern – even those not directly related to the pregnancy – have to be treated with both Mom and Baby in mind. Our OBED is available 24 hours a day and equipped to handle the majority of health issues that may arise in pregnant patients.
The OBED is filled with nurses trained in labor and delivery work alongside OB hospitalists to ensure that you and your Baby are as healthy as can be. Should you need additional treatment our staff will recommend fetal monitoring.
Labor and Delivery
Within L & D we have:
- 7 Labor/Delivery/Recovery Suites
- 3 Operating Rooms
- 24 Hour OB Hospitalists and Anesthesia Coverage
- 24 Hour Pediatric Hospitalists and Neonatal Coverage
We also implement quality initiatives that include:
- Golden Hour ( Skin to Skin )
- Baby Friendly Initiatives
- Decrease the number of elective deliveries less than 39 weeks
- Gentle C-Section\Nitrous Oxide Use
Special Care Nursery
The Special Care Nursey at HUMC is a State Designated Level 2 Nursery and operates during all hours of the day to quickly and effectively address any complications that may occur during the first days of life. Our team has experience in caring for:
- Premature babies ( Born after 32 weeks )
- Difficulties in Breathing
- Small Size and weight
- Low Temperature or Low Blood Sugar
- Phototherapy for Jaundice
- Stabilizing Infants for transport into Tertiary Care Facilities
- And More
The Pampered Pregnancy Program was designed to create a personal, customized birth experience for each and every one of our patients and is only available at CarePoint Health. Pregnancy coaches are available at all outpatient offices to help you navigate your pregnancy and childbirth experience. Whether you need guidance on finding classes for you and your baby, choosing a car seat, mastering breast feeding, coaches are here to answer it all.