Information for Applicants
Applications for admittance to the NYMC/Family Medicine Residency Program will be accepted only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). For information regarding this process, contact your Dean’s office.
All applications must be received by November 30th.
Instructions for Applicants
We only accept the Common Application Form (CAF) designed by the Association of American Medical Colleges for the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We participate in the National Resident Matching Program. Applications meeting our criteria are reviewed by the Recruiting Committee.
We take a holistic approach when reviewing application. Here are some of our preferences:
- Successful completion of Steps I and II of the USMLE/COMLEX exam including the Clinical Skills Assessment of the USMLE. We do not set target scores. A USMLE transcript must be received for your application to be considered. Successful completion of exams are necessary to be on our rank list.
- Graduation date from medical school cannot exceed two years from July 1, 2022
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably one from a family physician
- Personal statement
- Dean’s Letter and Medical School Transcript
- International graduates should have six months of clinical experience in the US preferably in Family Medicine
- International graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate by July 1, 2022
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents. We do not sponsor any visas
After the application is received and reviewed, applicants chosen to be interviewed will be invited to schedule an interview via ERAS. To schedule the interview please reply through ERAS or e-mail our GME Administrator at email@example.com.
We will be utilizing virtual interviews for all applicants for the current interview season. Interviews will be on Thursdays from November through January. We don’t schedule interviews during the last two weeks in December.