A highly trained team of neonatologists, pediatricians and nurses all sensitive to the care and concerns of new babies and their families will take special care of your baby in our nurseries located at Christ Hospital and Hoboken University Medical Center.
Hoboken University Medical Center also has a special care nursery available for newborns who need additional support as they transition to their new life. Our special care nursery has staff, physicians and neonatologists who are trained to provide this higher level of care, as well as all of the equipment and supplies necessary to take care of our littlest patients.
Our special care nursery can care for babies born after 32 weeks gestational age who:
- Can’t stay warm on their own and need to be placed under a warmer
- Aren’t strong enough to eat well and need support and assistance
- Have mild health problems related to prematurity, such as jaundice or apnea of prematurity
- Are preparing to be transported to a Level III NICU
- Are recovering after having spent time in a Level III NICU