When your hip pain is so bad it interferes with the things you want to do, it’s time to think about hip replacement surgery. During hip replacement your damaged or worn out hip is replaced with an artificial joint in order to eliminate your pain and restore your mobility.
With a track record of orthopedic excellence, CarePoint Health is proud to be trailblazers as the first health care system in New Jersey to offer you the intellijoint HIP®.
- During traditional hip replacement procedures orthopedic surgeons use their professional judgment to assess the feel of the joint and to eyeball the position of the components.
- The intellijoint HIP procedure allows our orthopedic surgeons to use a special 3D miniature camera and tracker to ensure the cup position, the leg length and the hip offset of your new hip are accurate within millimeters.
- While hip replacement surgery typically leads to positive results, dissatisfaction has been reported in 15%–30% of patients nationally.
- This tool helps us foster more precise surgical outcomes, preventing revision surgery—because we care about accurate hip surgeries and getting you back on your feet faster.
The benefits to you include:
- A shorter hospital stay and a quicker recovery
- Reduced blood loss during surgery
- Decreased radiation in the operating room
- Optimal placement of your new hip reducing complications like hip instability and dislocation, implant loosening, leg length inequality and premature implant wear.
Our orthopedic surgeons are performing direct anterior hip replacement procedures using the intellijoint HIP at Hoboken University Medical Center.
It’s time to talk to your doctor about hip replacement, if:
- Your pain persists or recurs over time
- You are no longer as mobile as you’d like to be
- Medication and using a cane aren’t delivering enough relief
- The pain prevents you from sleeping
- You feel a decrease in the degree to which you are able to bend
- Your hip is stiff or swollen
- You have difficulty walking, climbing stairs, getting in and out of chairs or the bathtub
- You feel a “grating” of your joint
Educational Video content provided by Elsevier
Total Hip Replacement – Diagnosis
Total Hip Replacement – Procedure