- Update on Non-Urgent and Elective Procedures at CarePoint HospitalsLast weekend, the U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams, M.D., “advised hospitals to cancel elective surgeries during the COVID-19/novel coronavirus pandemic.” Additionally, the American College of Surgeons also issued recommendations for management of elective surgical procedures. In response, CarePoint Health is announcing that non-urgent and non-emergency hospital/campus-based surgeries and procedures will be postponed for two weeks. This new policy will be fully effective on Tuesday, March 17.
This temporary measure will allow our hospitals to enact preparedness plans we have been developing for weeks to create capacity and continue to deliver high quality care during the anticipated surge in COVID-19 cases. Depending on how the situation with COVID-19 progresses, we will reassess at the end of this two week period.
Elective services include
- All Elective Same Day Surgery Procedures at all 3 hospitals
- All Elective Cardiovascular procedures at all 3 hospitals
- All Elective Endoscopies at all 3 hospitals
- CH Sleep Lab
- HUMC Outpatient Physical Therapy