You’re not alone: renal dialysis in Hudson County
Over 400,000 people suffer from kidney failure in the United States. Many of these people need regular life-sustaining treatment either at home or as patients in a professionally-supported dialysis facility.
The comprehensive support of the Kidney Center and our three Dialysis & Vascular Access Centers offer a lifeline for patients who need hemodialysis in Hudson County. Using the latest technologies, our dedicated and compassionate team provides more than 8,500 inpatient and outpatient dialysis treatments annually.
The CarePoint difference: more personalized care, more advanced support
Unlike other dialysis centers, our intimate setting allows us to develop more personalized relationships and a better understanding of our patients’ needs. That in turn allows us to develop and sustain more individualized treatment.
Because our services are provided within a hospital, patients gain both the convenience and safety of having emergency services, intensive care and transitional care on site. Compare that to a free-standing dialysis unit somewhere else, which may need to transport patients to an acute care facility in an emergency. What’s more, our hospital based care is backed by a range of readily available support services and convenient access.
- Maintaining your lifeline
- Concierge services and flexible scheduling
- Special features like “Save the Vein” Program, Access to Transplant
- State-of-the-art CritLine technology
- Coordinated, comprehensive care
- Comfortable, effective, high-efficiency treatments
- Board-certified nephrologists
- Chronic outpatient dialysis
- Acute inpatient dialysis
- Dialysis and vascular access
- Concierge services
- Onsite education and community outreach programs
- Vacation, seasonal and permanent scheduling
- Expert treatment of End Stage Renal Disease and other related medical problems
About our dialysis services
Where: The Kidney Center and our three Dialysis & Vascular Access Centers are conveniently located in Bayonne, Jersey City and Hoboken, and are easily accessible by car or public transportation. Located within CarePoint Health hospitals, these centers offer the advantages of immediate access to emergency, intensive or transitional care.
What: You’ll find first-class dialysis treatment in each of our three newly constructed state-of-the-art facilities. Whether you choose hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis, we believe you deserve the best care, in a convenient setting.
- Our experienced team uses the latest technologies to provide more than 8,500 treatments annually, both inpatient and outpatient.
- We offer state-of-the-art dialysis machines and diagnostic equipment, as well as the latest in minimally invasive vascular access surgical techniques.
- For patients with blood pressures that decrease too much with dialysis, we offer “CritLine” technology for a safer and more comfortable treatment.
Who: Our world-class staff is led by board-certified nephrologists (doctors specializing in kidney health) who have trained at some of the best hospitals in the U.S. This top level clinical skill helps ensure you receive the best and most comfortable dialysis possible. Together with nurses, technicians and support team, we seek to know our patients better. Because when we better understand your needs, we can then develop and sustain more individualized treatments for better outcomes.