Choosing a primary care doctor is one of the most important health decisions you’ll make. Research suggests that people who have a strong relationship with a physician enjoy better health. It makes sense. People with a regular doctor have an easier time getting an appointment, can get their health questions answered and know that should they experience a serious health crisis they have a doctor who knows them and can help them navigate through to recovery.
5 tips for finding the best doctor for you
- Easy and Free—an easy way to start your quest to find a great doctor is to sign up for CarePlus—a concierge healthcare service that is absolutely free. One of the benefits to having CarePlus is that a CarePlus concierge can help you find the right doctor for you. Additional CarePlus benefits include having:
- your doctor appointments made for you
- faster access to your medical information—like lab results
- help obtaining referrals and pre-authorizations to assure you’re covered
- your insurance questions answered
Learn more about CarePlus here or contact us at 201-884-5329.
- Friends and Family—ask your friends and family (and any doctors you have and like) for the names of their favorite doctors.
- Research—go online to sites like zocdoc.com, vitals.com or healthgrades.com. You can research doctors’:
- hospital affiliation
- office location
- educational background
- specialty interests
- languages spoken
- years of practice
- types of insurance accepted
- patient reviews
- if they’re accepting new patients
- Google—make a list of your top choices and Google them. Read their bios, watch videos if they have any, read their blog if they have one.
- Call—phone the office. How are you greeted? Is the staff nice, professional, and respectful? Can you set up a time to talk to the doctor?
Once you’re finally seeing your new doctor, do a gut check. Do you feel comfortable? Does this doctor fit your personality? Do you feel supported? Do you feel confident in the care being provided?
To learn more, or to sign up for CarePlus concierge service, please contact our CarePlus team at 201-884-5329 or email us here.