Family Birth Unit
A private room to bond with your baby
Welcoming a new baby is one of life’s most cherished moments. Choosing your healthcare provider and where to deliver your baby is an important decision that becomes a part of your birth story.
Providing you with a private room where you and your family can form the first, special memories is key to bonding. Following the birth of your baby, you and your family will enjoy a private postpartum room equipped with Wi-Fi, television, and other amenities to make your experience as homelike and comfortable as possible. Your care and the care of your baby will be guided by a knowledgeable staff of medical professionals, including certified nurses and board-certified obstetricians who understand family-centered care.
In addition to private rooms, our Family Birth Units at CarePoint Christ Hospital and CarePoint Hoboken University Medical Center feature:
- Labor and delivery rooms equipped with birthing beds that allow labor, delivery, and recovery to all take place in the same room.
- A family-centered maternity care model that encourages each family member to be actively involved during labor, birth, postpartum and newborn care.
- Computerized bedside charting for close and frequent patient monitoring and more accurate documentation.
- Some of New Jersey’s leading doctors, including anesthesiologists and maternal-fetal medicine specialists available around the clock to see to your needs.
- A special care nursery and an expert neonatologist ready for any situation that may arise, 24 hours a day.